We all hear about the importance of Engagement, but do we really know what it is? Do we understand its role in achieving practical goals at the organizations where we work, and for the constituencies we serve? And how can we do it better to achieve those goals? Raphael Badagliacca,
Company Ambassador at Advanced Solutions International (ASI) will emcee an exciting day entirely dedicated to Engagement, moderating the program, guiding conversations and drawing out insights from a wide variety of dedicated professionals whose every day activities are focused on the topic of Engagement, what it is, how it works in the non-profit world, and how you can make it work better at your organization.
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM
Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
Panel Session I
9:45 AM - 10:30 AM
Panel Session II
10:30 AM - 10:40 AM
10:40 AM - 11:45 AM
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
(Continental Breakfast & Luncheon Included)
Member: $125 ea.
Additional Members: $100 ea. (from same Organization)
Next Gen Members: $95 ea.
Non-Members: $165 ea.
Additional Non-Members: $125 ea. (from same Organization)
Members: $85 ea.
Non-Members: $105 ea.
Next Gen Members: $75 ea.
Education Program Only
Members: $95 ea.
Non-Members: $125 ea.
Next Gen Members: $75 ea.
9:00 am - 9:45 am | Panel Session I Numbers: What Your Data Tells You About Engagement
These two not-for-profit leaders will focus on Engagement, what it is, how organizations are pursuing it, measuring its effectiveness and making it meaningful in their operations. Takeaways:
- Your data tells your story. Attendees will understand how to read the tea leaves of their data to draw conclusions about which engagement activities are working, which need improvement, which should be dropped entirely, and which new ones should be added to help achieve strategic goals.
- Attendees will leverage the latest thinking on the relationship between membership engagement and operational performance. Learn how to apply knowledge in everyday situations to create best practices and guidelines that will support your goal as the primary source of information for your constituencies.
Dr. Robert Spangler
Not only does Robert Spangler have more than 17 years of hands-on experience with business analytics and complex data analysis, search engine optimization and web/business technologies, but he holds two United States patents in social media marketing technologies. His knowledge and skills come into play on a daily basis in his leadership position as Associate Executive Director Operations & IT at the New Jersey State Bar Association.Kitty Ambers
In her role as CEO of NetVU, a non-profit member organization for users of Vertafore products, Kitty Ambers has been a pioneer in how the understanding and management of data can be used to increase engagement and achieve a strategic vision. She is an eloquent proponent of “the engagement pipeline” where focus extends to those who are less engaged and not engaged. Her previous position was executive director of the American Insurance Marketing and Sales (AIMS) Society.
9:45 am - 10:30 am | Panel Session 2Numbers: Engagement is More than a Word
These two industry professionals will explore the qualitative aspects of Engagement and its importance to achieving day-to-day as well as long-term goals, how when aligned with strategy it is a powerful tool for keeping organizations in the forefront of their offering.Takeaways:
- Attendees will learn how engagement plays a role in strategic visions, including member retention, membership growth, event participation, interaction in communities and forums, volunteering, donations, increase in member donation amount, product purchases and other critical business elements.
- Attendees will define how the internet has changed the engagement dynamic. You’ll learn what skills are needed by organizations to take advantage of growing engagement potential.
- Attendees will evaluate how to determine what engagement activities are working, which are not and what they do about it.
Amanda Kaiser is a well-respected member researcher with a notable flair for strategy. She has a remarkable track record as an analytical marketer and keen listener. She brings 18 years of experience in almost every aspect of marketing and has a particularly strong emphasis in the topic of member engagement. She writes a compelling blog in this area that can be found at www.SmootThePath.net.
Niroo Rad is an independent consultant specializing in best practices for performance improvement in membership organizations. For over 20 years, he has helped senior executives at not-for-profits in the US and UK navigate the complexities of how to use IT as the fulcrum to bring about performance improvement to increase revenue and member retention while improving and scoring member engagement. His knowledge, passion and hands-on approach translates executive's strategic goals into meaningful measures and provide a practical roadmap which brings about the most significant impacts in the shortest time.
10:30 am - 10:40 amBreak
10:40 am - 11:25 am | Session 3 Engagement in Action: How to Engage Staff, Members and Donors: What Improvisation Tells Us About Positive Interaction
We improvise every day in our interactions. Here is your chance to gain insight into what it is and how to do it better, so you become more engaging, and achieve communications goals.Takeaways:
AND Theatre Company’s
- By observing (and voluntarily participating in) the everyday exchanges, attendees will see in action how the principles of improvisation encourage support, creativity and the art of listening. Your communications will become richer and more meaningful, whether in person, in writing or some other method.
- Attendees will build confidence in their communications with members, donors and stakeholders by recognizing how to be authentic in all their conversations.
- Attendees will be able to apply these business principles to their personal lives, cultivating feelings a reward and appreciation in interactions.
ANDsemble players, a connected, actor-based improvisation company steeped in honesty and fun, directed by Scotty Watson. One of NYSAE’s newest member organizations, AND (Artistic New Directions) Theatre Company is a NYC-based non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of theater in all its uses, including in the entertainment, non-profit and business worlds. It conducts weekly improvisation classes, script development workshops and a host of other offerings, including two full-fledged productions – the Go Solo Festival and An Eclectic Evening of Shorts.
call (212) 206-8230
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 4 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
A 50% refund will be issued on written request received no later than 5:00 PM January 11th, 2019.